Gaskets play a critical role in engine performance, and a proper seal is an absolute must every time. Instead of stocking hundreds of gasket sizes and shapes, use a gasket maker to create custom silicone seals.
Gasket Maker Formulations
At Rogo Fastener, we carry a complete line of gasket maker products for various automotive applications.
Use this guide to determine which of our gasket makers is the right choice for your application:
- Grey is the standard go-to choice for gasket makers. Its color mimics the appearance of most OEM cork gaskets.
- Red RTV gasket maker is ideal for high-heat applications, such as drive housings and exhaust manifolds.
- Black RTV offers superior flexibility, making it a good choice for applications with a lot of movement. Use RTV Instant Gasket Black where you need a waterproof seal that doesn't sag with temperature variations between different materials.
- Clear RTV is an excellent tool when you want gaskets to remain unseen. It matches virtually any surface you would apply it to.
- Anaerobic Sealant is your go-to sealant when you need on-the-spot repairs to cure without air.
Tips for Creating a Superior Gasket
- Choose a gasket maker based on how and where it will be used
- Use a continuous long bead instead of smoothing RTV after application
- Use the appropriate application method
Find the Right Formula for Your Shop
No matter what your next rebuild or repair project brings, Rogo Fastener has the tools and supplies to make it a success. That's why we stock multiple formulations of RTV gasket makers. When you shop with us, each order is double-checked to ensure accuracy before it's shipped. Contact us today to place your order.